Once she had decided upon the colours to finish the jumper it didnt take too long to hook up and be finished...yeye...
Tuesday, 24 July 2012
I have been slowly adapting a Doris Chan pattern, first my florescent pink jumper by adding arms to her vest design along with numerous vest were I have altered the stitch pattern slightly. This is another alteration combining a different stitch pattern and sleeves for my sister to use up some balls of creme beige yarn I've had for ages. There isn't enough for a full jumper so a colour change is in order...
Friday, 20 July 2012
Thursday, 12 July 2012
I had two 50g balls of the orange KoolKotton left from my making my sister a lacy cardigan, which I have now realised after looking for a link to the cardigan I never actually took a picture of the finished thing whoops! I decided to use it up and make her a vest like the one I have turned into a jumper, only 2x50g wasn't nearly long enough in keeping with the pattern so I repeated the V stitch row and I think it turned out quite well.
Tuesday, 10 July 2012
I've been working using textiles for my current course and I have found this stuff called Acrylic Fabric Medium, its mixed with arcylic paint normally a 1:1 ratio and as long as you heat set it once dry the acrylic paint as like fabric paint. I thought id test it out on some tshirts before I decided to use it in my college work. After a 30 wash it came out really well, only down side is it is a little stiff unlike some fabric paints, but i have loads of acrylic and can mix up lots of colours without worrying that i've wasted all the paint.
Tuesday, 3 July 2012
Monday, 2 July 2012
I've been eying up this yarn for a while, it looked really pretty in the ball, but now I've crocheted it I'm not sure if its tooo florescent for me...I really liked the darker pink areas and for a whole ball there isn't much of that colour. I'm going to try and adapt the pattern to add arms, If i succeed I can always whip up another...