Wednesday, 6 February 2013
Tuesday, 15 January 2013
Monday, 26 November 2012
Saturday, 3 November 2012
Sunday, 21 October 2012
Found this crazy ball of wool, its quite chunky yarn, its also very rare i see a colour change yarn in purple so I bought it for fun and have made a scarf. This scarf was Tunisian crocheted in the knit stitch which i've never used before and think it really works with chunky wool and a massive crochet hook...
Wednesday, 17 October 2012
I finished the jumper for Esther quite early in the summer and before I went back to college a couple of weeks ago I remembered I had to sew in the ends. After it was all sewn up I had a sneeky try on and decided I wanted one for myself. I had a few balls of lilac marble colour change J.c.Brett wool which I started with and I only got as far as the body before I was all out.
I ordered some more off of ebays and it arrived like this - vacuum packed - amazed, it made my day, id never have thought to do this...to begin with i was a little concerned as it what it was id bought, but i popped the plastic and puff back into balls of wool they turned.
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
My sister has recently gone to Uni and wouldn't be home today her Birthday so I made this bunting, a mixture of fabric and crochet so she had a present to open but also something to decorate her room.
Wednesday, 26 September 2012
Saturday, 8 September 2012
I've so far finger-knitted approx 400g of acrylic dk and then using my massive (not actually sure what size it is) wooden crochet hook to create the granny square motif...I'm hoping to use 10 100g balls for a good sized blanket, with a contrast colour to finish around the edge...
Friday, 24 August 2012
Saturday, 18 August 2012
This vest like most of my others has been adapted from a Doris Chan original. I have experimented with altering the stitch pattern on several vests and jumpers, this time I have used a combination of those possible patterns to create an almost chevron design.
Thursday, 2 August 2012
Tuesday, 24 July 2012
I have been slowly adapting a Doris Chan pattern, first my florescent pink jumper by adding arms to her vest design along with numerous vest were I have altered the stitch pattern slightly. This is another alteration combining a different stitch pattern and sleeves for my sister to use up some balls of creme beige yarn I've had for ages. There isn't enough for a full jumper so a colour change is in order...