Wednesday, 8 February 2012
This jumper is of my own creation, I made two square-ish shapes with neck holes and then added on two sleeve-ish shapes and seamed up the sides and under the arms all in one. I copied one of the jumpers I already own and Im quite pleased with outcome, i added a scalloped edge to make it slightly longer so it draped better, but im really pleased with my first attempt.
Now I have a short gap between finishing a project and starting a new one so I have been making for mee...This is a scarf I have made, Ive got a thing for subtle change in colour at the moment or should i say tone as greys are one of my favourites...
Three colours A B and C, Lightest to Dark,
Chain 75 - 80 (enough to go around your neck comfortably)
Slip Stitch into each chain across, continue for 16 rows, Fasten off.
Change to colour B and join to colour a 3 rows down in order to create the ridge between colours.
Continue for another 16 rows, fasten off.
Again change to the next colour and repeat.
Then seam up to create a cowl scarf.
This scarf could be made a lot longer to go around your next twice, i also might make a purple version with loads of different colours so i will make the bands a lot shorter.
Monday, 6 February 2012
This is the 3DSP work I have been doing, experimenting with different types of crochet and also different materials to crochet with consolidating into a focus on Loopy crochet using a DK acrylic wool and some paper yarn or the black equivalent i found plastic wire. . . The final board of samples were achieved most recently in which i think i took quite a big step into my experimentation...
Before I took down all of my Berrington Hall Project I realised I hadn't taken a final image of the finished piece so here it is, slightly edited to get rid of that damn blue bar I have running across my workspace which hides all if the electric, a handy little shelf but i wish it wasn't blue... When I was taking my work down I also took photos of a mini installation I had created, but when I was taking it down I thought it looked quite interesting with all of the threads hanging loose... Then to put up all of my 3DSP work for assessment....