To prepare you will need a large sheet of paper and we used decorated china for our patterns
1. Fold your sheet of paper as many ways as you like.
2. Cut out a view finder in a similar shape to your piece of folded paper, lay it on your pattern of choice.
3. Copy out that pattern in colour.
4. and 5. are both sides of the same sheet.
6. Plan which side you wish to draw on and fold accordingly.
7. Cut out a view finder of a similar shape to your folded paper.
8. Copy the pattern using only black and greys.
Open out and if you folded correctly the majority of the black will be on the same side and the majority of the colour. It is a little different and often lots of white space is left but you could continue folding then drawing. Maybe pick 3 colours you like, purple, pink, and yellow, do each layer an indiviual colour and then end with black.