Monday 16 April 2012

Learning New Crochet Stitches . . .

I am currently working on a Doris Chan designed lace cardigan but ran out of wool on Sunday grr...so in the mean time whilst I wait for the shops to open I had a little go at following some video tutorials for some interesting crochet stitches I've always wanted to try...

Entrelac Crochet - a form of tunisian crochet, in the first image I followed the tutorial and changed colour each row. In the second image I made much smaller squares 3stitches by 3 rows and only changed colour every two rows, this made an almost chevron pattern. Looking around this stitch would work really well with colour changing yarn.Catherine Wheel Stitch - creates repeated circles linked by lines when you change colour, looking online there are so many good colour combinations for this pattern.Crocodile Stitch - Layering up of what look like petals or scales, very textured and three dimensional, but all very simple crochet stitches and great video tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment